"These are my heartsongs"


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, April 10, 2009

Happy Easter!!!

"Who is He in Yonder Stall" is usually a Christmas song, but I see no reason why it can't also be an Easter song. It definitely put me in the right spirit this afternoon. I especially love the second verse,

Who is He who stands and weeps
At the grave where Lazarus sleeps?
'Tis the Lord, O Wonderous story,
Tis the Lord, O King of Glory.
At His feet we humbly fall,
Crown him, crown him, Lord of all.

This image is what makes the atonement of Christ real to me. The image of a friend and older brother grieving and expressing his love for someone He has lost. This image leads me to remember the rest of the story, that He gave life to Lazarus again, and that through his actions during, before, and after his mortal life, Christ made it possible for every person who has been born to be resurrected, to have the opportunity to live and associate with Him and our Heavenly Father.

I'm grateful this Easter weekend for the sacrifice that He made, and the possibilities that it opens up for me and the whole human race!



I couldn't find a plain mp3 that I could post of this version, so the video's the best i could come up with - the song is more meaningful to me when just listening, rather than watching the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment