"These are my heartsongs"


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Real Woman Creed

You know those little things around the house that sit in front of you all the time, and become invisible because they're so obvious? I rediscovered one this week! A year or so ago, a friend gave me a copy something that inspired her, and it stays pinned up on my bulletin board above my desk. A few nights ago, I suddenly saw it again & actually read it for the first time in a while. It's good stuff, so I thought I'd share :)

THE REAL WOMAN CREED

I believe that within me lies an extraordinary radiance,
and I commit to letting my light loose in the world.

I believe that the source of my power and wisdom is in the center
of my being, and I commit to acting from this place of strength.

I belive that I possess an abundance of passion and creative
potential and I commit to the expression of these gifts.

I believe that the time has come to let go of old notions
and unhealthy attitudes, and I commit to re-examine what
I have been told about beauty and dismiss what insults my soul.

I believe that negative thoughts and words compromise
my well-being, and I commit to thinking and speaking postitively
about myself and others.

I believe that young women are in need of positive role models,
and I commit to being an example of authenticity and self-love.

I belive in the relationship between my well-being and the well-being
of the planet, and I commit to a life of mindfulness that regards
all living things as holy and worthy of my love.

I believe it is my spiritual responsibility to care for my body
with respect, kindness and compassion. I commit to balancing my
life in such a way that my physical being is fully expressed and nurtured.

I belive that joy is an essential part of wellness, and I commit
to removing obstacles to joy and creating a life that is full of exuberance.

I belive that a woman who loves herself is a powerful,
passionate, attractive force, and I commit, from this day forward,
to loving myself deeply and extravagantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment