"These are my heartsongs"


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, December 24, 2007

Oh, by golly have a holly jolly Christmas, this year

The semester is over, and I'm a week & a half into my Christmas break. I love being a student if for no other reason than that my schedule is incredibly more flexible than when I worked 40 hours a week.


I finished this semester with three B's and an A, and feel quite satisfied with that. This semester was an exercise in easing up on my perfectionism and need to follow rules precisely. I didn't study for tests as much as I usually feel obligated to, didn't stress as much about assignments, and didn't go over my papers 10 billion times to make sure every word was perfectly suited and strategically placed to make me sound as absolutely astute as possible. I practiced letting go of a lot of stress and worry around my classes, and was surprised several times that I scored higher on things than I thought I would, sometimes just as high as I would have if I had spent all that perfectionistic energy on the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment