"These are my heartsongs"


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, September 21, 2007

Goals

'Tis true that every day is a winding road. There is a certainty in the fact that I don't know where life will take me. But I've realized I need to plot out some markers for myself so I have at least a bit of a more concrete idea of where I've been and where I'm going. I know the general direction that I'm going. I know what I hope for in the course of the journey. I'm doing my part to get to my ultimate destination, but I don't have a lot of mile-markers set to mark my progress. To use another metaphor, I'm smack-dab in the middle of the forest, and I can see the whole valley of green, but I'm having a hard time seeing the individual trees. It's time to pick them out and give them names.

In the course of the past three years, my perspective and approach to the way I handle life has done pretty much a 180-degree turn. I'm not trying to micro-manage every step and wallowing in the chaos that results from failing miserably at that. Now, it's more of a "roll with what comes and see what God has in store" kind of approach. This new way is working SO much better for me. But I think I need some goals & objectives mixed in there, too, so I can measure the progress and change that is happening in my life. The challenge here will be to not fall back into control mode, and let myself have goals while continuing to let God handle the wheel. Wish me serenity!

No comments:

Post a Comment