"These are my heartsongs"


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Campus happenings

I love being on campus, if only for the sheer volume in opportunities to people-watch. I saw a girl this week as I was passing the theater building. She walked up to a group of people standing outside the door and a boy extended his arm to her. They hugged, and the expression on her face was one of pure, unadulterated bliss. That fueled a grin on my face for the next three buildings.
The institution of this place is so...institutional. Classic avacado green bathroom stalls, rows of fluorescent lighting, standard wall clocks, the door on Dunn Hall that has been broken for going on 14 months, according to my estimation, and apparently none of the physical facilities staff cares (I'm gonna start putting signs on it saying 'please fix me' pretty soon). But the people are what brings the place to life. I love seeing someone whom I've never had a class with and never met, but when we pass on the sidewalk, we recognize one another and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment