"These are my heartsongs"


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Baby Factories

It seems like just about every other day, someone is putting up pictures of their newborn child on my Facebook news feed. The other night, I was curious to know if my noticing this was some unconscious hyper-sensitivity of mine about not having children, or a legitimate reality, so I did a quick survey of my 'friends list' to count how many were pregnant or had had a child in 2009...the result? 50 babies born to 449 friends! (Some of whom are married to each other and parents of the same said babies). So, over 10 percent of my friends have had babies in this year alone.

Feeling validated in my hypothesis, I clicked the 'Home' link before closing out the window & going to bed, and a new status popped up from a friend I haven't talked to in a year or two: "Tom Church Is going to offically be a daddy today...my lil man should be here sometime around 9am."

...make that 51.

2 comments:

  1. Girl!!! I TOTALLY understand!!! They're like hot-cakes lately!! haha. That's hilarious. I love you girl. I love the way you look at life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I hear ya. There are two just in my immediate family. I think a lot how I can be happy for them but that doesn't mean that I don't get sad sometimes. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete