"These are my heartsongs"


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, November 9, 2007

Preventative maintenance

I used to run until I crashed, and I realized a few weeks ago that I haven't crashed in a long time. It's not because I haven't been running, but rather that I've been resting also and changing my oil and checking tire pressure and turning off the lights when the engine isn't running [ ;-) ]
I've learned how to practice preventative maintenance in my life, and that helps me keep going even when things get tough. I'm filling up my gas tank before it becomes depleted. I think I'm actually more productive now than I have been in a very long time.

I ran a 5k last month. My time was 33:00, which isn't anything amazing, but I haven't run regularly in over a year, and the last 5k I ran (three years ago) was in 30:34...and that was when I was running every day and training for a half marathon I felt a huge difference in the dynamics of how I performed and how I felt about myself. My body is way healthier than ever before, as well as my mind, and it's showing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with your analogy. I was like, running? wha...? oh I get it... her life! ah haha! I feel smart now. But i like it. Maybe I'll steal it and use it and then people will go, "ooh, you're so smart!"

    ReplyDelete