"These are my heartsongs"


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 16, 2009

It Ain't Spring Break Unless...

...You do a little home improvement!

I FINALLY painted my bedroom, after contemplating it for 6 months! The color is a lot darker than I had intended, but I've decided that I'm very pleased with the outcome. And, I bought the paint pre-mixed for half off! It was in the 'mistint' section at Walmart, which they sell for cheap :) Overall, the painting cost me about $30, with tape, brushes, etc. Combined with a set of vinyl letters and a set of square shelves both at 66% off, a new cubical dresser, and the curtains, I got a new room for just over $100 bucks!

My friend Amanda loaned me her rag roller. I am definitely not an accomplished painter, but am trying to let go of the perfectionist in me and embrace the "perfect imperfections" :D. The lettering says "You Are Definitely Worth It!", which was Brandi's & my mantra when we were roommates. :)

Before...

shortly after I moved in.



...After!

And this is as of tonight!

I haven't quite figured out what to do with the shelves, but I couldn't pass them up when I saw 'em!

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I like those cube dressers --want them for the kids' closets (right now I'm making do with milk crates)...and the cube shelvy things are fun, too. It's not nearly as dark as it seemed to me you were describing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The American dream, to have a place to paint walls in. I love it and I love that I got to hang out for a bit on Sunday. I'm looking forward to friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new room! Its fantastic!

    PS. I've never managed to fit this into a comment, so I'm just going to say it. I sometimes come to your blog just to listen to your music. . .

    ReplyDelete