"These are my heartsongs"


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Street Gang

This year marks the 40th anniversary of "Sesame Street." To celebrate, Bob talks with MICHAEL DAVIS, author of a new book titled "Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street." Davis conducted more than 200 interviews over five years to tell the story of the beloved children's television show.

I heard this interview a few weeks ago on the Bob Edwards Weekend show while driving across town. I found myself...not quite on the verge, but close, to a tear or two of nostalgia while listening to a history of Sesame Street, which really surprized me. I liked Sesame Street as a child, though didn't watch it devotedly. But it was something like finding old friends I hadn't been in touch with in years and years, who just popped out & brought some happy memories with them (cheesy, I know...).

Just thought I'd share the podcast!

My all-time favorite characters were the Yup-Yups, along with Snuffy and, of course, Bert & Ernie :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment