"These are my heartsongs"


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, September 6, 2008

i moved!

If


then, after 4 years, I am now a bona fide Memphian! :)






I moved to Midtown last month, to my own little one-bedroom apartment on the second story of a house, and am loving it! Living by myself has been an interesting and welcome change after sharing apartments and houses with roommate/s for the past 8 years. I love the fact that the only dishes in the sink are my own, I can set the thermostat as high as I want it, and never have to shut a door for privacy!






My furniture fits perfectly in the house! All I lack is a dresser, seeing as how mine was not secured in the truck when we were moving me, and fell out into the road at Appling and Cordova Rd en route to my new place. Michael and a guy from church were in the truck and had to collect all my dainties strewn along the rain-soaked road...I wish I had a picture of that!
And now, for a virtual tour of the home of the not-so-rich-and-famous...



Stairs that lead up to my apartment



my 'front' door




Living room










A beam of the ceiling angles up from about three feet off the floor, so I strung paper lanterns as a protection against tall people's bumping their heads when walking from the LR to the office/dining room. I think it's nice & festive.





Office/dining room area and doorway to kitchen



...and, kitchen!




Complete with an amazing, old-fashioned oven with a warming drawer below.




One of my favorite things about the apartment is this little window-seat/nook place just between the dining room area and the kitchen (mini-blinds are broken and the landlord is going to replace them with bamboo blinds :D )


My hall, adorned by a curious lantern-like light fixture


Another favorite aspect...the deep tiled shelf around the tub is perfect for candles!


Another example of the eaves of the roof creating interesting ceiling features...the curtain rod extends about 3/4 of the length of the tub, and then curves around to the wall.



My bedroom, which also doubles as a laundry room. I'm gonna hang a curtain across the laundry closet. It's kind of nice! my clothes are all contained in the one room...from the closet, to my body, to the laundry, to the closet, all right here!



So there you have it! My new midtown bachelorette pad!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm jealous of your solitarianism. I would love to have a place to myself. I really like your bathtub, and your window nook. I thought it would be a deal breaker to have the washer and dryer in the same room as my bed, but it seems so convenient! I like how the couches look in your living room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your apartment is beautiful.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete