"These are my heartsongs"


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Food in the Sooner State




There are two fast food restaurants that I get really excited about when I go back to visit Oklahoma. I have to eat at these places at least twice when I go to Norman, and this weekend I got to introduce Michael to them!




Taco Bueno has the BEST fast-food mexican, with tasty tortillas and wonderfully seasoned refried beans...nothing like the bland taste-less-ness of Taco Bell (which i still eat, because it is cheap...and Mexican :) ) But, MMMMmmMMMM! I love me some Bueno! They also give you real salsa to put on your food, not some strange chemical-y 'taco sauce'.





The other place I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE is Braums. Their french fries are UUUM-Azing! They're thick, crinkle-cut fries that are consistently perfectly cooked, seasoned with this salt powder that is just so very tasty! And the burgers & ice cream are pretty yummy, too.

On the non-fast-food side of things, we went to GiaComo's in McAlester with my dad, where they make a mean ravioli. Ted's Mexican Cafe Escondido has several locations in the OKC metro area, and they recently opened one in Norman, to the great delight of Becky, Courtney & myself! We have to eat there every time I visit, too...homemade tortillas, amazing cheese sauce and salsa that they just keep bringing till we're stuffed with it before they even serve our 'real' food!

Yup, "food" is a close second to "seeing people I love" as a reason I visit Oklahoma!

No comments:

Post a Comment