"These are my heartsongs"


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

blind photographer






I was really tempted to drop my photo class again this semester when I realized that I would be able to graduate next semester if I let go of my minor in photography, and just focused on the Spanish major. But when it came down to making the actual decision, I felt prompted to keep going in the photo direction. So I'm still at it. And despite my dislike for darkroom printing and such, I am excited about our first assignment in Photo II.

I was sitting in the library studying for another class when the question popped into my mind whether one who is blind would be able to be a photographer...what would that look like? We all know of the great composers who were deaf, but could one express the interpretation of light and space while unable to receive it in his own senses? I did a quick google for 'blind photographer' and apparently the San Francisco Chronicle staff have a penchant for such a thing...I found two articles right off the bat from their publication & thought I'd share them. :)

I'm going to refrain from waxing philosophical on this just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment